tomcat http error code 502

Jason Wee
Hi,

using tomcat 8.5.42 and have the following questions

* will tomcat log http error 502 in accesslog?

* under what situation will tomcat return 502?

Re: tomcat http error code 502

Christopher Schultz-2
Jason,

On 10/22/20 01:36, Jason Wee wrote:
> using tomcat 8.5.42 and have the following questions
>
> * will tomcat log http error 502 in accesslog?

I don't see why not.

> * under what situation will tomcat return 502?

I do not see any code in Tomcat which responds with SC_BAD_GATEWAY (or
502 without using the constant).

If you are seeing thism, I would first investigate:

1. Any proxy or load-balancer you have between the client and the Tomcat
node
2. Any application deployed on that Tomcat node that may be returning a
502 response

Re: tomcat http error code 502

Jason Wee
Thanks Chris, I took a look at tomcat codebase, I cannot pinpoint too
where is the code that actually logs error 502 to accesslog too.

> 1. Any proxy or load-balancer you have between the client and the Tomcat node
> 2. Any application deployed on that Tomcat node that may be returning a 502 response
thanks, this is helpful, I have checked my codebase, the 502 that
client receives would probably be at client proxy.

Jason