Quantcast

[tomcat maven plugin] configure vm options on embedded tomcat ?

[tomcat maven plugin] configure vm options on embedded tomcat ?

Albert Kam
I have successfully launched an embedded tomcat as detailed in here :
http://tomcat.apache.org/maven-plugin-2.0-SNAPSHOT/tomcat7-maven-plugin/adjust-embedded-tomcat-version.html

But i wonder whether it is possible to fork and set the extra vm
arguments for the embedded tomcat launch ?
I need to do it to supply javaagent argument because i am currently
using spring and aop.

Regards,
Albert Kam

Re: [tomcat maven plugin] configure vm options on embedded tomcat ?

olamy
2012/5/1 Albert Kam <[hidden email]>:
> I have successfully launched an embedded tomcat as detailed in here :
> http://tomcat.apache.org/maven-plugin-2.0-SNAPSHOT/tomcat7-maven-plugin/adjust-embedded-tomcat-version.html
>
> But i wonder whether it is possible to fork and set the extra vm
> arguments for the embedded tomcat launch ?
We do not fork a new vm.
Extra vm arguments must be set via MAVEN_OPTS.

> I need to do it to supply javaagent argument because i am currently
> using spring and aop.
>
> Regards,
> Albert Kam

Olivier Lamy
Talend: http://coders.talend.com

Re: [tomcat maven plugin] configure vm options on embedded tomcat ?

Albert Kam
Works great now, thank you !

On Tue, May 1, 2012 at 5:45 PM, Olivier Lamy <[hidden email]> wrote:

> 2012/5/1 Albert Kam <[hidden email]>:
>> I have successfully launched an embedded tomcat as detailed in here :
>> http://tomcat.apache.org/maven-plugin-2.0-SNAPSHOT/tomcat7-maven-plugin/adjust-embedded-tomcat-version.html
>>
>> But i wonder whether it is possible to fork and set the extra vm
>> arguments for the embedded tomcat launch ?
> We do not fork a new vm.
> Extra vm arguments must be set via MAVEN_OPTS.
>> I need to do it to supply javaagent argument because i am currently
>> using spring and aop.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Albert Kam

> Olivier Lamy
> Talend: http://coders.talend.com
> http://twitter.com/olamy | http://linkedin.com/in/olamy

Do not pursue the past. Do not lose yourself in the future.
The past no longer is. The future has not yet come.
Looking deeply at life as it is in the very here and now,
the practitioner dwells in stability and freedom.
(Thich Nhat Hanh)