[tomcat-native] Tomcat native hangs in SSL.initialize with OpenSSL 1.1.1 (Windows)

[tomcat-native] Tomcat native hangs in SSL.initialize with OpenSSL 1.1.1 (Windows)

mturk
OpenSSL >= 1.1.0 uses new initialization concept by
replacing all those initialization calls with single OPENSSL_init_ssl call.

I found out that calling OPENSSL_malloc_init() as first function
with OpenSSL 1.1.1 causes hang in any further call to OpenSSL.

Anyone observed the similar issue?

I plan to change the initialize function for OpenSSL 1.1+ (cleanup as well)
so it uses new API instead deprecated calls.

Regards
--
^TM