tomcat v 9.0 crashing in Eclipse IDE Version: 2020-09 (4.17.0)

tomcat v 9.0 crashing in Eclipse IDE Version: 2020-09 (4.17.0)

Jim Anderson-3

I am trying to run Tomcat v 9.0 in Eclipse on a linux PC and the server
is crashing before if fully starts up. At this point, I do not consider
this a user error, but possibly my configuration of Eclipse is a bad
one. But even if it is, there should be error message not a crash with a
stack trace.

For now, I am simply including the error file showing the stack trace.
Should I submit this to the developers mailing list?

--
Jim Anderson
cell - 908-329-0586

tc9_crash.txt (25K) Download Attachment

Re: tomcat v 9.0 crashing in Eclipse IDE Version: 2020-09 (4.17.0)

Mark Thomas-2
On 08/12/2020 19:51, Jim Anderson wrote:

> I am trying to run Tomcat v 9.0 in Eclipse on a linux PC and the server
> is crashing before if fully starts up. At this point, I do not consider
> this a user error,

It is clearly user error.

> but possibly my configuration of Eclipse is a bad
> one. But even if it is, there should be error message not a crash with a
> stack trace.

That isn't a crash. That is Tomcat deliberately not starting because of
the user error.

You have been provided with an error message and a stack trace to show
you exactly where the error occurred.

<quote>
The servlets named [bfs.hyp.SCCS.AjaxHandler] and [bfs.hyp.AjaxHandler]
are both mapped to the url-pattern [/AjaxHandler] which is not permitted
</quote>

In this instance there is no way for Tomcat to determine which Servlet
should be enabled and which one ignored so Tomcat fails the start.

> For now, I am simply including the error file showing the stack trace.
> Should I submit this to the developers mailing list?

No.